All Greeters and Greeter destinations share the same core values:
1) Greeters are volunteers, a friendly face for those visiting a city/destination.
2) Greeters welcome individuals and may serve small groups of up to six people.
3) Meeting a Greeter is free of charge.
4) All visitors and volunteers are welcomed without any kind of discrimination.
5) Greeter programs support sustainable tourism. Programs respect natural and man-made environments, and bring both cultural and economic enrichment to the local communities. Programs aim for a lasting positive image of each destination.
6) Greeter programs create a mutually enriching opportunity for cultural exchange; create links between people in creating a better world.